Monday 29 June 2015

paper things


Let me show some paper things I magpied this month.

A book was bound to be in the mix - one of my Achilles heels when trying to thrift in a disciplined fashion is nice picture books. The one I got is full of stunning colour illustrations of the wonders of nature. The book is from the early 60s and the illustrations are by Rudolf Engel-Hardt.

I've been after a stamp collecting book for absolute yonks, to house the stamps I have waiting in envelopes to be organized. Got this perfect little vintage book that's not full at all - plenty of space for my own homeless stamps - but what's in there already is really rather lovely. Most of them are from the 60s, plus a few older ones too.

Also came across half a block of artist's tear-off paper palette sheets. I bought it to write letters on.









2 comments:

  1. The stamps look very nice, I especially like the floral ones from Japan. I have seen a "I spy"-Book for children made out of pretty stamps. This would be something for your boy, or?
    The heat is coming to Germany, hope I survive it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that book sounds very interesting!
      I hope you can enjoy the heatwave - we are having some warmer weather too (30 degrees!) its looovely xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...